Official News Sources
- The University of Southern Mississippi
- The official source of updates from USM regarding COVID-19.
- The College of Education and Human Sciences
- The official source of USM updates connected to educator preparation programs.
- Mississippi Department of Education
- The MDE is providing updates on policy changes and on school closures.
- Centers for Disease Control
- The CDC is the providing daily updates on the spread of COVID-19 and on appropriate prevention measures.
Cross Curricular Teaching Resources
- Mississippi Department of Education: Learning at Home Resources
- MDE’s subject area specialists have put together a set of subject-specific resources by grade.
- National Geographic: Learn at Home
- National Geographic has created a number of age-appropriate unit and lessons with cross curricular connections.
- National Geographic: Explorer Classroom
- Every weekday at 2pm EST, National Geographic hosts a live video event that connects students to National Geographic Explorers.
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Scholastic has put together day by day projects for kids that organized by grade bands.
- TED Ed: Lessons Worth Sharing
- Most modules include a video to watch, questions to answer, an opportunity to dig deeper, and a discussion board.
News for Students
- New York Times: Coronavirus Resource Page for Students
- The NYT posts news, film clips, graphics, and lessons for students and teachers.