Below are resources that might prove valuable to MAT candidates in their first year of teaching. As I have time, I hope to add more and to annotate them.
COVID-19 Curriculum Resources
- Centers for Disease Control
- The CDC is providing daily updates on the spread of COVID-19 and on appropriate prevention measures.
- Mississippi Department of Education: Learning at Home Resources
- MDE’s subject area specialists have put together a set of subject-specific resources by grade.
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Scholastic has put together day by day projects for kids that organized by grade bands.
- TED Ed: Lessons Worth Sharing
- Most modules include a video to watch, questions to answer, and a discussion board.
English Curriculum Resources
Mathematics Curriculum Resources
- Mississippi Instructional Materials Matter
- Math in a Minute – Kids First
- Dan Meyer’s Three-Act Math Tasks
Science Curriculum Resources
- Chemistry Ed Digital Library
- Chemistry Education Resources – American Chemical Society
- Chemistry Now Video Library – National Science Foundation
- A bit dated now, but still some interesting video resources.
- National Science Teaching Association Resources