Below are resources that might prove valuable to MAT candidates in their first year of teaching. As I have time, I hope to add more and to annotate them.
Universal Design for Learning
English Curriculum Resources
Learning at Home Curriculum Resources
- Mississippi Department of Education: Learning at Home Resources
- MDE’s subject area specialists have put together a set of subject-specific resources by grade.
- TED Ed: Lessons Worth Sharing
- Most modules include a video to watch, questions to answer, and a discussion board.
Mathematics Curriculum Resources
- Mississippi Instructional Materials Matter
- Math in a Minute – Kids First
- Dan Meyer’s Three-Act Math Tasks
Mississippi Department of Education
- Secondary Education
- MDE’s secondary ed landing page. See the right hand menu for standards and curriculum resources by subject area.
Science Curriculum Resources
- Chemistry Ed Digital Library
- Chemistry Education Resources – American Chemical Society
- Chemistry Now Video Library – National Science Foundation
- A bit dated now, but still some interesting video resources.
- National Science Teaching Association Resources
Social Studies Curriculum Resources
- Dr. Lamont Maddox’s Social Studies Resources
- Dr. Maddox has collected a list of social studies curriculum resource links and organized them by subject area.
- Dr. Wayne Journell’s Social Studies Resources
- Dr. Journell has collected a list of social studies curriculum resource links and organized them by subject area.
- C-SPAN Classroom
- Vote Smart
- What Was There
- Native Knowledge 360°